Beyond Inclusion Webinar: Centering Racialized Survivors in BC’s Gender-Based Violence Sector
Battered Women’s Support Services (BWSS’s) Strategic Interventions is pleased to offer this free online webinar training on June 7th for frontline workers in anti-violence and social service organizations.
Racialized survivors are not only subject to higher probabilities of gender-based violence, but also face structural barriers in accessing safety and support from violence.
“Beyond Inclusion: Centering Racialized Survivors in the GBV Sector” is a training opportunity based on BWSS’s recent Colour of Violence, a community-based research project identifying key barriers for racialized survivors accessing anti-violence services.
The sessions will be animated by questions such as:
- What are the main structural barriers to accessing safety for Black, Indigenous, newcomer immigrant/refugee, and racialized survivors of gender-based violence?
- What does safety look like for racialized survivors who are accessing anti-violence services in B.C.?
- How do gender and race influence system-based responses to gender-based violence?
- What are some best practices in intersectional feminist service delivery that center the experiences and needs of racialized survivors?
- Please join us in catalyzing positive change to increase access, safety, and justice for Indigenous, Black, newcomer immigrant/refugee, and racialized survivors in B.C. These sessions will be facilitated by Harsha and Melody of BWSS’s Research and Policy team.
Free Online Training
Wednesday June 7, 2023
10am — 11:30am PDT
Harsha and Melody
Full details about this session including the Zoom link will be provided via email to confirmed registrants.