Beyond Inclusion: Centering Racialized Survivors in BC’s Gender-Based Violence Sector
Battered Women’s Support Services (BWSS’s) Strategic Interventions is pleased to offer this lunch and learn training session on June 15th for frontline workers in anti-violence and social service organizations.
Racialized survivors are not only subject to higher probabilities of gender-based violence, but also face structural barriers in accessing safety and support from violence.
“Beyond Inclusion: Centering Racialized Survivors in the GBV Sector” is a training opportunity based on BWSS’s recent Colour of Violence, a community-based research project identifying key barriers for racialized survivors accessing anti-violence services.
The sessions will be animated by questions such as:
- What are the main structural barriers to accessing safety for Black, Indigenous, newcomer immigrant/refugee, and racialized survivors of gender-based violence?
- What does safety look like for racialized survivors who are accessing anti-violence services in B.C.?
- How do gender and race influence system-based responses to gender-based violence?
- What are some best practices in intersectional feminist service delivery that center the experiences and needs of racialized survivors?
- Please join us in catalyzing positive change to increase access, safety, and justice for Indigenous, Black, newcomer immigrant/refugee, and racialized survivors in B.C. These sessions will be facilitated by Harsha and Melody of BWSS’s Research and Policy team.
Thursday June 15, 2023
11am — 2pm
301-1522 Commercial Drive
Harsha and Melody
A catered lunch, coffee and tea will be provided.
Registration is $40 per person.
Organizational registrations of 5+ people: $35 per person.
If cost is a barrier, please email us at email@example.com for a fee waiver.
Sorry, registration for this event has closed.